The Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO) is one of the key tourism trade associations in Kenya, representing the interests of over 400 of the most experienced professional tour operators in Kenya. Our members are bound the Code of Conduct to provide the highest possible quality of service to their clients. There are a a wide range of services that KATO members offer and these can be broadly divided into the following categories: -
- Air safaris
- Incentive travel group safaris
- Custom safaris for individual travellers
- Camping safaris (luxury & budget)
- Indian Ocean & Coast holidays
- Cultural & Community Safaris
- Golf Safaris
- Agro Safaris
- Special interest safaris (e.g. mountaineering, deep sea fishing, horse riding)
- To be a leading Tourism Trade Association in the Region, offering world class services through its members to the traveling public.
- To uphold the good reputation of Kenya as a tourist destination by ensuring that Kenyan Tour Operators maintain the highest possible standards of service and value.
- To uphold the good reputation of Kenya as a tourist destination by ensuring that Kenya Tour Operators maintain the highest standards of service and value.
- To give agents and individual clients alike the confidence of knowing that Kenya has mechanisms designed to consider the possible redress of any wrongs which a client may have suffered.
- To recommend certain standards which the government might consider in determining whether or not to grant or renew the license of an operator.
- To provide means for the Association’s members to seek protection or redress in any dispute either with another member or a non-member of the association.
- To endeavour to instil a spirit of unity and loyalty to each other amongst members of the association.
Whatever your Safari needs, you can be sure that you are in good hands when dealing with a KATO member.
CAUTION: We wish to alert intending visitors to Kenya of the existence of some unscrupulous tour companies which attempt to deceive potential visitors that they are KATO members, while in fact they are not. Any company that is not listed in this website is NOT a KATO member.
We would be grateful if you could report to us (
) all such offenders so that appropriate action can be taken against them.